Argentina vs Netherlands World Cup 2022 quarter-final which promises goals takes place at the Lusail Iconic Stadium on Friday evening, as the Netherlands do battle with Argentina.
Louis van Gaal’s men overcame the USA 3-1 to book their spot in the last eight, while the South American champions got the better of Australia 2-1 to keep their hopes of glory alive.
Match: Argentina vs Netherlands
Competition: FIFA World Cup (Quarter Final)
Kick off Time: 10th December , 19.00 GMT
Stadium: Lusail Iconic Stadium (Lusail)
Argentina vs Netherlands preview
The pressure is on Lionel Messi and Argentina to go all the way and give the six-time Ballon d’Or winner the trophy he deserves before his international career comes to an end.
Argentina have managed to recover from their shock defeat to Saudi Arabia in the first game of the competition, having beaten Mexico, Poland and Australia since then.
Netherlands, however, are unbeaten so far and got the job done against United States in the previous round.
The likes of Memphis Depay, Cody Gakpo, Virgil van Dijk and Frenkie de Jong will feel capable of upsetting the Albiceleste despite their underdogs tag.
- This will be the sixth World Cup meeting between Netherlands and Argentina, with only Brazil against Sweden (7) and Argentina against Germany (7) being played more often in the competition.
- Netherlands have lost just one of their nine meetings with Argentina in all competitions (W4 D4), with that loss coming in the 1978 World Cup final. However, the most recent of those four draws did result in a penalty shootout defeat, in the last meeting between the sides in the 2014 World Cup semi-final.
- The last two World Cup meetings between Netherlands and Argentina have finished 0-0, in the 2006 group stages and the 2014 semi-final (Argentina progressing on penalties).
- Since losing the 1930 final against Uruguay, each of Argentina’s last nine eliminations from the World Cup knockout rounds (including finals) have come against European nations, including a 2-1 loss to Netherlands in the 1998 quarter-final.
- Netherlands have progressed from their last three World Cup quarter-final matches (1998, 2010, 2014), with their only defeat at this stage coming in 1994 against eventual winners Brazil.
The last two World Cup matches between the Netherlands and Argentina have ended in 0-0 draws. The draws occurred in the 2006 group stages and in the 2014 semi-final, where Argentina advanced on penalties.
Netherlands possible starting lineup:
Noppert; Timber, Van Dijk, Ake; Dumfries, De Jong, De Roon, Blind; Klaassen; Gakpo, Depay
Argentina possible starting lineup:
Martinez; Molina, Romero, Otamendi, Acuna; Fernandez, De Paul, Mac Allister; Di Maria, Messi, Alvarez
Netherlands vs. Argentina prediction
Moneyline lean: Draw (+220)
Against the spread lean: Netherlands +0.5 (+105)
Score prediction: Netherlands 1-2 Argentina
You can get more info about this match on Facebook, Youtube etc
Check out the Watch Free full Match all the Game involved